Thursday, April 2, 2009

Things are getting 'Hot" already.


Today I visited Toy's R' Us for the first time in ages without my kids. I went fishing for 'Hot Packs' for the very first time in my life. I spent a total of 10 minutes searching their inventory attempting to decipher which packs held the 'inserts'.
I have to admit that the selection of cards was fairly impressive, considering the venue. The biggest obstacle was the Topps American Heritage packs, which were double-packaged to prevent against theft. I dropped $2.99 on one pack of cards that I felt had passed the "stress test."
There is something to the whole "where a kid can be a kid" tune. Toys R' Us once became a place where I couldn't wait to get to the register, jump in the car and begin tearing open packaging. Shamelessly I might add. As I tore open the packaging, I felt as though my search would be vindicated, if only I were to pull an insert.
Bill Clinton Presidential relic and monument insert. Group B. 1:925 retail packs. It has a piece of Shea Stadium outfield wall padding. It is currently selling on ebay for $26.00. Not bad for a $3.00 investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment